Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Community Placement

In my second week at the library I wanted to look into what was going on around me, most of what I noticed was of the dedication of the staff doing a service to the public. But underneath that there are issues such are funding for the library, but mostly were the current underlying issues of the dispute that the public sector are now going through, an issue that the library and its staff were now slowly but surely getting themselves embroiled in whether they liked it or not.
 Maybe I may be wrong, but I have to think that it is a little more difficult for  the staff of the library as opposed to the majority of the public sector workers (or at least those that are ensconced in their offices around the country, places and people we never see, and their protest consisting of  mostly not answering the phones never hear), but the staff  at the library are face to face with the public every day, and if the public gets upset with with what is going on, they are there for them to fire at. I hope that this will not happen, it would be scant reward for all the hard work they have put in for the public.

No comments: